Mergers & Acquisitions – Valuation Services
Valuation, Tax and Cash Flow Analysis for Sale Purposes
We provide consulting and valuation services to assist individuals or partners in the middle of contemplating the sale of their business. We can also analyze the after-tax cash flow from the sale. We do this through in-person or online meetings.
Usually in these situations we can provide the analysis and valuation in spreadsheets or exhibits and present the information to the group which may eliminate the need to produce a report, which is more cost-effective. We have secure online portals for all parties to upload confidential information and all individuals involved will have login access to the info.
Steps to Working with Us
Here are some of the steps to working with us to develop a valuation and plan for the sale of the company.
- We will provide a valuation document request which includes 3-5 years of prior tax returns, operating/shareholder agreements, internal financial statements, fixed asset listing and other various financial data.
- We will input the data into our spreadsheets and software to begin to get an idea of what assets exist and determine a preliminary valuation assessment of the company.
- We will then set an in-person or web-based meeting with all clients.
- During this meeting we will discuss the historical operations of the business, the future income potential, non-operating assets, non-recurring expenses, reasonable officers’ compensations and normal rent, to name a few. All parties have the opportunity to provide info on these topics and the valuation expert will take the information into account in the valuation of the business, but may not disclose the impact of each piece of information during the meeting. This is a fact-finding meeting.
- The valuation expert will then incorporate all the information in the valuation analysis, address any additional questions to all parties via group emails and determine the value of the business(es).
- Another meeting will be arranged for the valuation expert to covey the findings of the valuation analysis and answer any questions regarding the assumptions used to determine the value.
- During this meeting we will also help clients develop the sale strategy and identify a plan for moving forward.
- Many times when the clients can clearly see the financial picture, it is easier to negotiate a deal and know the range of value during the negotiation process.
- We will not produce any reports or analyses for the parties as this is for consulting purposes only. We are available, at a later date, to present the findings in a formal report.
The next step to working with us would be to present you with a formal engagement letter, discuss timeline and set our meeting schedules.